Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I am blessed to have three wonderful (earthly) fathers in my life.  My own father, Andrew the father of my children , and Andrew's dad my father-in law.


I love my daddy because he has always told me I could do it.  He has always had confidence in me and told me I'm capable even when others told me I wasn't.  My dad loves me and always makes me feel special.  He always tried to do things with me and never made me feel like I was getting in the way.  Whether we were building or fixing something, cleaning the pool, or working at the shop I always felt included and needed.  Even now my dad tells me that I'm a good mom and that he loves his grand-babies.


I love Andrew because he is wonderful.  He is an amazing father who loves his children with a love that is without end.  He is patient, firm, fun and childlike.  He is so gentle and understanding.  It\s no wonder Ethan's first word was Dada (Hannah's was Mama) and Hannah always says "Daddy do it".


I love Andrew's Dad because he taught Andrew how to be an amazing father and husband (his mom too).  He always asks how I'm doing and I believe he means it.  He helps Andrew and I to think through decisions and plans and reminds us when we need to do things.  He is generous to us, and to his grandchildren.

Happy Father's Day!!!!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful tribute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...