Thursday, August 4, 2011

F-Feel and Find Game

Note: I found this idea in the June/July edition of the Mailbox.  


Take a shoe box and cut a hole in the side wide enough for your child to stick their arm through.  My box was ugly so I wrapped it with blue paper.  Find some objects that match.  I choose two bouncy balls, two stacking cups, two mega blocks, two pieces of felt, two sea shells, and to stuffed tomatoes.     Place one set inside the shoe box and one set on a tray (or like me on a plastic plate).

Explain to your child that there are matching toys inside the box and with their fingers only they need to find the match.


Hannah loved sticking her hand and feeling the objects.

While looking for the ball she needed to reach all the way in.


While this was a fairly simple game to put together, Hannah had more fun finding an object and matching it afterwards,  I don't know that she really understood that I wanted her to use her fingers to find  a specific item.  Nevertheless, she had a lot of fun "finding" things.  I'm sure we will be playing this again soon.



1 comment:

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

This is fun - when younger my daughter was afraid to do this but now she loves it - the grosser things feel the funnier it all is! :)

I would love to extend an invite to join my weekly child centered linky party - The Sunday Showcase. We share ideas like these & fnd great new ideas from others! Hope you'll stop by for a visit - we'd love to have you link up.

Bernadette
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/2011/08/sunday-showcase-child-centered-fun.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...