Saturday, September 3, 2011

The calm before the storm.

I'm not going to lie.  The last 2 days have been hard.  Andrew is away and I have had bad headaches.  In an effort to run off the abundance of energy and to dissipate the noise they make, we have spent a lot of time outside.  Thankfully, the weather has been great.  Never-the-less, I have been struggling.  Its moments like these that I keep two thoughts very close by.  First, that my strength is not enough and only God alone can hold me up.  Secondly, I am unable to comprehend families who have spouses that work away or overnight.  Here is a little of what we did yesterday.
We played.

Ethan added to our chalk drawings (and the he wrote on my chair, the mat, the house.  Don't have a clue what I was doing).

Looks like an a, my budding genius.

Hannah played in the pool.

We made lots of food out of sand.  (Hannah especially likes to make ice cream, cookies, and pancakes).

Ethan helped too.

This boy would sleep in this car if I let him.

We painted with water at Hannah's request.

Ethan "helped".

Only a 2 year old paints like this.

Mommy played paparazzi.




It ended when Ethan got rough. (Joking, he is spraying her with water).

Then I remembered it was Friday.  Here is Hannah's second drawing.

Lines and a brush.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

God be your strength when you are all out of your own....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...