Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our Lenten Spiral

I came across a very interesting article a couple of weeks ago, while looking for activities for lent that I could do with Hannah and Ethan.  In the article over at Joyful Mama's Place, she shared her heart for about she was learning about the liturgical year, lent, and reaching the hearts of our children.  I could not summaries this article and do it justice, so if your interested click the link and read it for yourself.  It jump started me into my own Lenten preparations.  

Today, as it is the first day of Lent, Hannah and I set to work making a spiral to count down the days until Easter. I always like to give credit where credit is due, it is part Holy Experience, part Catholic Family Vignettes, and part me (hahahaha).  Our spiral is made out of salt dough, it took forever to harden in the oven so even though its set out neither of the kids have seen it  finished yet.  I am excited to see their reactions.

It is my hope that as the cross moves closer to the center of the spiral, that we would understand the cross better.










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...