Monday, April 16, 2012

Brothers and Sisters

   One of my deepest desires as a parent is that my children will experience a deep, loving, and enduring relationships with one another as siblings.  I come from a family were I can proudly say that is true.  But I have come to realized lately that this isn't true for everyone and I have a really hard time wrapping my brain around that concept.  My mom used to say (and still does) that because she was an only child she doesn't understand what goes on between her children, that she watches us and it boggles her mind.  Now she is watching Ethan and Hannah and she says the same things.  I don't pretend to really know how to make this happen, but I do see it happening with Hannah and Ethan. 

    I love sitting back and watching them interact with each other.  They love each other and when they are apart they miss one another.  They care for each other and try to do things the other person likes, they get excited just because the other person is excited.  Don't get me wrong, they also fight, yell, and sometimes do things just to bug each other.  But that's normal and I think it in those moments they are learning about relationships and conflict resolution.  It is my prayer Hebrews 10:24-25 will be true for them. 

24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.












2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your siblings are a great source of joy and encouragement to me. And although my family has had to work a lot harder as adults to facilitate that level of joy in our relationships there was never a lack of love and care, it was just underdeveloped. I pray and hope that Damian will develop that relationship with future siblings.

Kristina said...

:D As you are to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...