Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Tree

2012 Thanksgiving Tree


This week, the kids and I made our Thanksgiving tree (see last years) as Thanksgiving approaches this weekend.  Last year, the tree that we made wasn't something that the kids could touch or play with so I thought we could change it a bit so that it becomes more interactive.

First, we painted the sky and added out tree trunk.  I searched for a tree trunk template that I liked and then traced it on the butcher paper.


Then I added little pieces of magnet to the back of the leaves and all over the tree.  I used a sheet of dollar store magnet stuff.  It works but if it was just the tiniest bit stronger it would have been better.
Then the kids and I came up with things that we are thankful for and wrote them on the leaves.

Hannah and Ethan playing with the leaves, Hannah is showing Ethan the "right" way to do it.


:D My sweet girl.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...