Friday, March 1, 2013

Mud


You know that feeling you get when there is a tension between your brain and your feelings.  That's how I feel about mud.  It's a love/hate relationship.  In my brain I know that playing with mud is good for many reasons.  Even if the only reason was the shear enjoyment that Hannah and Ethan seem to have with this oh so dirty stuff, it is still good.  But it is soooo messy that other part of me screams in revolt.  I read this article recently "10 reasons why we should let children play in the mud" over at Let the Children Play, even still I have this tendency to think up reasons why today is not a good day to play with mud.




Well the other day, Andrew let the kids loose in the backyard and they had TONS of fun.  They were out there so long scooping, mixing, and pouring.


 They played well together and managed to stay decently clean.


It's a good thing I can override my crazy quirks and just let Hannah and Ethan have fun, even if it is with mud.  I love Ethan's expression in the above photo.  It is his "I've had enough" look. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...