Monday, October 7, 2013

Creative Explosions

My kids have free reign of art supplies during rest time.  Thing like stickers, paper, glue, scissors, and crayons.  They use them in Hannah's room with the door closed.  Typically, Hannah will make things everyday.  She will hole herself up in her room and create all sorts of things without my involvement or input.  I love this kind of creativity and I encourage it.  However, it does drive me crazy and I often find myself trying to be patient in a explosion of confetti paper scraps, crayon on the wall, or the 3rd time in a week Hannah has used up an entire glue stick.

Ethan has chosen to join in occasionally.  It is fun to see what they come up jointly.  Ethan's favorite thing to do is cut up paper.  

Hannah proudly showing off a handmade envelope.

Messy play is another time I really see Hannah and Ethan develop their creativity.  Outside in the backyard they have come up with all sorts of interesting games and play.  They have access to rocks, sticks, logs, water and sand.  I take joy in watching them play with these natural elements in the backyard despite how messy it does become, especially when dirt/mud is involved.  It's terribly hard work sometimes to quell my fractious nature, I hate the mess but love the results.

They love playing with ice.  


Here they are mixing ice, sand, and water.


Playing in the sandbox.


Making leaf soup.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...