Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Activities with Ben: Week 2


Activities with Ben: Week 2
Our second week with Ben we did a "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" by Eric Carle.  Love this book so much.  I did this many times with my Korean Students so it brings back sweet memories.  My animal figures in the photo below are from my time in Korea (yes I brought them back with me).  Hannah and Ethan know and love the book so it was also a treat to share it with Ben.

After reading the story we found toys from around that match the color of the animals from the story.  The figures are from here.


Later we made puppets that I found on a blog called "Mrs. Ricca's Kindergarten".  The activity started out will color dotting the animals the appropriate color.

Then they painted the bear heads.  The hardest part is waiting for them to dry.

Then we glued everything together.



After Ben left, Hannah and Ethan practice ordinal numbers using the story animals and the order that they were "seen" in the book.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...